Queen of Martyrs Catholic School
Queen of Martyrs School is a Catholic Educational Center which serves the Queen of Martyrs Parish Community. This parish school witnesses and expresses the faith of this parish community.
Our vision promotes the development of a Catholic Educational Community that reflects Jesus' message of love and faith through commitment to service.
Our mission is to witness the Gospel through word and example.
Queen of Martyrs Catholic School strives to serve our students by educating the whole child through a balanced program which serves students physically, emotionally, spiritually, and academically. We are diverse Catholic elementary school serving the Mount Greenwood, Evergreen Park, and surrounding neighborhoods. We exist to provide spiritual enrichment and faithful service to meet the needs of our students, parishioners, and the community at large. We prepare our students through academic rigor and compassionate guidance. We strive to develop self-discipline and respect for the learning process in each student. We cultivate responsible critical thinkers and support them in achieving educational success. We empower our students to employ their Catholic values and develop their unique abilities to live and lead in our ever changing world. Queen of Martyrs Catholic School exists to provide a challenging, faith-based learning environment that encourages all students to be self-disciplined students who are confident about making decisions as responsible members of a family, school, parish church, and local community as well as in the world at large. Guided by Gospel Values, we at Queen of Martyrs Catholic School direct ourselves to develop within our students a deep commitment to a meaningful Christian value system. Students will be brought to an awareness of our Catholic traditions and the relevance of our Catholic faith in an ever changing society. Specifically, Queen of Martyrs students will be inspired and nurtured to:
- Accept and respect each child in all their diversity
- Accept and respect themselves in all their potential and to be the best he/she can be
- Be responsible, flexible, and independent problem-solvers
- Develop into caring, thinking, lifelong learners
- Assume the responsibility for his/her decisions and actions
- Use their God-given talents to make honest and creative decisions
- Embrace their religion and live a life encompassed by the spirit of prayer
- Be people of service with a concern and compassion for others
Queen of Martyrs School implements its philosophy through various educational modes and techniques, such as self-contained classes, departmental classes, small group programs, individualized programs, physical education classes, the family life program and support groups for individual concerns. Our commitment is to academic excellence in conjunction with the parents, who we see as the primary educators.
- God is in all things.
- Together, we are a family.
- Faith and Knowledge are our foundation.
- Education is a progressive journey.
- We partner with parents who are the primary educators of morals, faith, manners, values, and responsibility.
- We believe that all actions should reflect the teachings of Christ.
- We believe that all children deserve a peaceful and safe learning environment.